Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie & Julia

Saw it, loved it, cried...

Why, well because it brought back memories of me at 12 years old on Saturday completely mesmerized watching Julia Child and Jacques Pepin cook the most incredible food I had ever seen. I remembered baking and cooking when my mom would let me in the kitchen after watching them because I HAD to. It was like a force pulling me into the kitchen just to see if I could master the foods I saw them cook and her asking me where did I learn how to make what ever concoction I whipped up and responding with TV or PBS or Julia or Jacques. We were always on a first name basis, they were my Saturday TV buddies along with a host of others.

Seems odd now looking back that a child would be interested in watching cooking shows on a day off from school and chores, but that was me. I'm almost sad to think it's taken this long to figure out that cooking is what I want to do as a profession but I guess it's never too late and better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment