Thursday, May 7, 2009

TV Chefs

















Over the last couple of months I've had the opportunity to meet two of my favorite TV Chefs that have visited the Dallas area. Tyler Florence and Curtis Stone.


First off They are both extremely nice and VERY handsome men! Tyler was here to promote his new baby food line, Sprout. Basically organic baby food that tastes good and not full of sugar. After standing in line for about 20, sitting for another 20 he finally came out and talked about his baby food line, then sat for who knows how long to sign autographs. There were so many people there, it was basically have him sign your book, pose for a brief pic and move on. I was hoping for a cooking demo but since he was just promoting baby food and his book there wasn't much time for anything else. All in all a fun time meeting him but since I don't have kiddos, I wasn't really interested in hearing about it. But if you do have kids, it's great baby food!


Curtis Stone was also on a book tour and boy oh boy was he SUPER nice and VERY handsome! The lines for Curtis weren't as long as Tyler's so he took more time with each person. He joked around with the crowd and quite spontaneously agreed to do a cooking demo using whatever ingredients the store had on hand. Talk about pressure! He truly showed his culinary creativity and knowledge by cooking up a pesto pizza with artichokes, grilled corn with a compound chipoltle butter and couscous! He was very approachable, talked about his show and noted how they admittingly target beautiful young females in the grocery store. He also mentioned that 99.9% of the people he chooses will ALWAYS say they will let him come to their house but they have to let them straighten it up first! He also brought along his dad and step mom, he looks just like his dad!

So far those are the two TV Chefs I've met. My friend Sharon Sage made me a tea towel with "Chef Marie" on it. I got both Curtis and Tyler's autograph and I'm planning on getting many more. So, if you know of any coming to the Dallas area, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment